“Paul Binnerts’ performances are at the same time precise and nonchalant, complex and transparent…and bring big themes back to human proportions, which mirror our lives.”
- Mephisto, based on the novel by Klaus Mann, Hummelinck & Stuurman Producties, Amsterdam, 2006, Dutch Het Theater Festival, 2006.
- Black Box, based on the novel by Amos Oz, Southern Comfort/Hummelinck &
- Stuurman Producties, 1999/2000, Biennale Bonn, 2000.
- St. Louis Blues, opera by Chiel Meijering, InDependance/Orchestra De Ereprijs, Arnhem 1995.
- King Lear, by William Shakespeare, Theater School, Amsterdam, 1997.
- Ivanov, by A. Chechov, Theater School Amsterdam, 1995.
- Forbidden Reproduction /Verboden Reproduktie, based on the novel Love Act by E.M.Austen, Southern Comfort/Baal, Amsterdam 1987.
- UBU, by Alfred Jarry, Het Vervolg. Maastricht 1984.
- Mephisto, adaptation by Ariane Mnouchkine of the novel by Klaus Mann, with music by Jean Lambrechts, Theater School Maastricht, 1983.
- Fear and Misery in the Third Reich/Angst und Elend im Dritten Reich by Bertolt Brecht, with music by Jean Lambrechts a.o., Theater School Maastricht, 1981, KRO-TV 1983.
- The Measures Taken/Die Massnahme by Bertolt Brecht, with music by Louis Andriessen, Director’s Department Amsterdam Theatre School, 1972.
- Der Mann der…/The Man who, by Peter Brook/Marie Hélène Estienne/Oliver Sacks, Neues Theater, Halle (Saale) Germany 2007.
- Allein das Meer, based on the novel by Amos Oz, Neues Theater, Halle (Saale), Germany, 2005. Theatertreffen, Berlin, 2006
- Flametti, an original ‘montage’ play based on poems and documents of the DADA-movement and the novel by Hugo Ball, with music by Annemarie Roelofs, Schlicksupp teatertrupp in collaboration with the Rotterdamse Toneelraad, Frankfurt am Main, 1982. Recklinghauser Ruhrfestspiele, Salzburger Festspiele. HR/ARD-TV 1985.
- The Breadshop/Der Brotladen by Bertolt Brecht, with music by Alfred Harth, Schlicksupp teatertrupp, Frankfurt am Main, 1980. Festival of Fools Amsterdam, Berliner Festspiele, Wiener Festwochen. Recklinghauser Ruhrfestspiele.
- Saint Joan of the Stockyards, by Bertolt Brecht, with music by Heiner Goebbels. Theater am Turm, Frankfurt am Main, 1979
- The exception and the rule/Die Ausnahme und die Regel by Bertolt Brecht,with music by Heiner Goebbels, THE ON (c) E AND ONLY THEATER GROUP, Frankfurt am Main/Berlin, 1976.
- Man is Man, by Bertolt Brecht, Tisch School of Drama, New York University, 2007; The Elephant Brigade, HERE, Centre of the Arts, New York, 2007.
- The Same Sea, based on the novel by Amos Oz, The Princeton Atelier/Princeton
- University, workshop performance on invitation by Toni Morrison, 2004.
- Black Box, based on the novel by Amos Oz, readings in HotInk Festival New York and the McCarter Theater in Princeton, 2004.
- The building of the Union Pacific Railroad, an installation performance, in collaboration with Albert Hunt/Bradford College of Art, Serpentine Gallery, Hyde Park London, 1972.
- Big and Little, by Botho Strauss, Haiyuza Theatre Company, Tokyo, 2000, for Festival 400 years Netherlands and Japan.
Forthcoming: Transit, Theater Willy Praml, Frankfurt a.M. Summer 2015